I. The Committee is a consultative entity of the Macau Special Administrative Region Government concerning the formulation of tourism development strategies, measures and policies.
II. The Committee has the authority to formulate strategic guidelines and give suggestions and opinions on all matters regarding the tourism industry, especially the following:
- Organize tourism services;
- Promote tourism;
- Regulate tourism activities;
- Work on tourism planning and development.
III. The Committee also has authority in the following:
- Give suggestions and opinions, especially on the follow-up issues of the implementation of the tourism policies, for the sake of increasing competitiveness of the tourism industry;
- Create reports related to scope of tourism and economic activities and conduct relevant researches;
- Pass internal regulations of the Committee.